This course has been the standard in teaching lower extremity alignment for the last 31 years. It is intended for orthopedic surgeons, podiatrists, and allied health professionals who treat lower extremity deformities.
The course features lectures, deformity planning sessions, innovative apps, interactive participant case presentations, and an internationally renowned faculty. We will introduce basic and advanced limb reconstruction concepts including limb alignment, limb lengthening, corrective osteotomies, and internal and external fixation.
The 2021 Hybrid Course was attended by 190 physicians from 14 foreign countries and 32 U.S. states.
Your safety is our priority: When you register for the Course(s), it is with the understanding that the program will meet in-person only if it is safe to do so, and with participants adhering to any applicable safety measures at that time, such as vaccination requirements, mandatory face coverings, temperature checks, and social distancing. We will comply with all applicable recommendations from Baltimore City, the State of Maryland, Four Seasons Baltimore Hotel, and our Hospital, to provide an environment as safe as possible. We ask all those attending to share in the responsibility. If requested, all participants are expected to sign a Course Code of Conduct form one week prior to arrival, confirming that they will abide by all designated COVID-19 Safety Protocols. If we are unable to hold our face-to-face courses in late August, we will refund 100% of your registration payment and migrate to a virtual event. Please visit www.DeformityCourse.com for relevant updates and news.
Attire: Business casual for meeting and resort casual for reception.
Introduce basic and advanced concepts in limb alignment, corrective osteotomies, and internal and external fixation for limb reconstruction, including lengthening and realignment.
Topics to be covered:
- Single-level and double-level tibial and femoral deformities
- Sagittal and oblique plane deformities
- Rotational deformities
- Foot and ankle deformities
- Monolateral/circular external fixation
- Acute correction techniques
- Gait implications for angular and rotational deformities
- Measurement of deformity on digital radiographs
- Consequences of joint malorientation and malalignment
- Limb lengthening techniques
Following completion of this event, participants will be able to:
- Describe simple and complex lower limb deformities in pediatric and adult patients
- Interpret advances in the field of limb reconstruction and deformity correction
- Identify optimal location of osteotomies
- Recognize the methodology of minimally invasive internal and external fixation
- Analyze deformities of the lower limb using electronic media technology
- Formulate treatment decisions designed to yield better clinical outcomes
Highlights of the 2022 course will include:
- Internationally renowned faculty
- Hands-on sawbone labs
- Option to choose a lab group that focuses on adult orthopedics, pediatric orthopedics, or foot/ankle applications (group assignments based on early registration)
- Option to choose break-out sessions on adult, pediatric, and foot/ankle topics
- Interactive adult, pediatric, and foot participant case presentations
- Receive the newest physical edition of The Art of Limb Alignment prior to being sold on Amazon.
- Innovative apps:
- Multiplier: This free app predicts values at maturity (upper and lower limb length discrepancy, bone length, lower extremity length, height, and epiphysiodesis timing).
- Bone Ninja: This iPad app teaching tool was developed by Drs. Standard and Herzenberg at the International Center for Limb Lengthening, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore. The Bone Ninja is designed to help surgeons analyze deformities. Note: Please bring your iPad. If you do not own an iPad, you will be able to rent one for three days (advanced reservation required). All registrants of the three-day Baltimore Limb Deformity Course will receive a registration fee discount that can be applied to the purchase of the Bone Ninja app.
Baltimore Limb Deformity Course
Thursday, August 25 – Saturday, August 27, 2022
- U.S. Physician/Podiatrist $1,695
- Non-U.S. Physician $1,475
- Resident/Fellow/Allied Health $1,275
Pre-Course | Cadaver Lab: Tibia and Foot
Wednesday, August 24, 2022
- All Registrants $1,199
Pre-Course | Cadaver Lab: Complex Pediatric Hip/Pelvis Surgery - SOLD OUT
Wednesday, August 24, 2022
- All Registrants $1,299
Post-Course |Advanced Hexapod Fixation
Sunday, August 28, 2022
- Physician/Podiatrist $525
- Resident/Fellow/Allied Health $425
Recommended Course Materials
The eleventh edition of The Art of Limb Alignment will be distributed at on-site Course registration desk
- Book included in registration fee
Bone Ninja App
- App Store $50